The Career & Technical Education Assistance Program (CTEAP) provides textbooks, uniforms and tools assistance to eligible students interested in nontraditional occupations in Career and Technical Education fields.

Students must complete Federal Assistance for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) progress, Pell Grant recipient, resident of Nevada or spouse/dependent of a military personnel stationed in the state of Nevada, declare an Associate of Applied Science degree program, participate in required career services meetings/events, maintain adequate academic progress.  The program no longer funds students in AA, AS or AGS general degrees.

Our Services Include:

  • Handshake Career Management Tool
  • Career Advising
  • Career Exploration - TypeFocus V7
  • Internship Information
  • Non-traditional Career Information
  • Career and Professional Development Workshops
  • Textbook, Uniform, Supplies and Tools Assistance
  • Textbook Assistance Program (TAP) - available to all students

Career & Technical Education Assistance Program is currently accepting applications!

**Only students who have submitted a current FAFSA application, have Nevada residency status at CSN, AAS degree, or a Certification program, and are registered in classes will be considered. Please note that the CTEAP program cannot assist with excess credit fees.

Please visit tinyurl.com/CTEAPAppForm to apply for CTEAP.

Additional questions regarding CTEAP should be sent to Contact Us.

Textbook Assistance Program (TAP)

TAP Flyer

About TAP: Textbooks through the Textbook Assistance Program, or TAP, are loaned to students on a per-semester basis.  Students must provide a class schedule and complete a TAP application with detailed information concerning each textbook they are requesting. This program is open to all CSN students. You must have your Handshake Account activated before applying.

Please visit https://tinyurl.com/TAPapp23-24 to apply for the Textbook Assistance Program.


Charleston CampusNorth Las Vegas CampusHenderson Campus
Mod 9
(Near the K Building)
Main Building, East Wing, Room 120
(Academic Success Services Area)
(Student Union)